One thing in life that we cannot control is that we are all getting older. It seems as though time flies by faster and faster as we age. Many of us can't believe that we are as old as we are. Many individuals feel much younger than their age, which is a good thing. Yet, some feel the aches and pains that come with aging, which results in feeling a bit older than you should.
Age is just a number, and I believe we can do certain things to keep looking and feeling well as the years go by. I have a few suggestions to stop that clock from ticking too fast and experience the best of every year.
- Wake up to a splash of cold water on your face or cold cloth. Then follow with a vitamin treatment for your skin to moisturize and brighten your complexion. Keep a simple skincare routine with gentle yet effective products for the right amount of moisture and maintenance.
- Drink plenty of water first thing in the morning to keep your metabolism going, clean out toxins, rehydrate the system, and aid digestion. Many studies show the benefits of plenty of water intake before your cup of coffee or tea.
- Try intermittent fasting. This can be beneficial if done correctly. Start by skipping breakfast a couple of days a week and count 12 to 16 hours between your dinner and next meal. This has been shown to improve your health, such as lowering insulin levels and enhancing weight loss by breaking down body fat.
- Eat plenty of fruit and make healthy smoothies in the morning. Eat organic when possible and stay away from processed foods. Cook your own meals as much as you can at home to be confident that you are eating well.
- Incorporate strength training into your daily exercise routine. In addition to moving and stretching, the benefits of strength training with weights are great. This will help protect your joints from injury and build muscle for better strength, balance, and vitality.
- Supplement your diet with vitamins that you are not getting enough of with your foods. Consult with a natural practitioner to find out what is best for your lifestyle. The obvious ones are essential for most, like B12, C, D3 with K2 and Curcumin. Still, everyone has individual needs that can be determined with simple bloodwork.
- Get plenty of sleep and allow yourself to take a short nap now and then. I take melatonin at night before bed to ensure adequate and restful sleep. Breathing exercises for relaxation will help to quiet your mind faster.
It is essential to remember to have balance in your life. Continue enjoying your hobbies and surround yourself with good people and family. Work some and play some, and take the time to meditate and pray. The goal is to enjoy your beautifulife at every age, being happy, healthy, and vibrant.
My affirmation for you this week is;
"I will continue to live my best life and embrace every age with grace and gratitude."