There is no better time than right now to take a realistic look at how healthy you are. This is the time to be wise about how you take care of yourself every single day, not just when you are not feeling well. Why is it that we appreciate our health so much more after experiencing a sickness than we do regularly?
Building and maintaining a healthy immune system is the key to staying well and recovering faster. I have made a list of some of the things that I do and recommend for others to continue to stay strong, healthy and vibrant.
- Eat healthy foods and keep your meals small but consistent to keep your metabolism in check. I eat only until I feel full regardless of how much is on my plate. When going out for dinner you might want to skip the appetizer or the bread or maybe even the sides so you are not loading up on those things before the main entree. Also, order a half portion if possible or even share a meal with someone so you don't overeat.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day and evening to stay hydrated. I like to add a lemon slice to mine in the morning. Lemons have been known to have a variety of health benefits including aiding in digestion, a good dose of vitamin C, and optimizing your mood and memory.
- Get regular check-ups and physicals to make sure you and your Doctor can stay on top of your overall health and well being. Your Doctor can request blood work to see where your vitamin levels are as well as what areas require balancing.
- Supplement your diet with the vitamins that you are not getting from your food. Do your research and if possible, meet with a Nutritional expert to find out what you may be missing. I am a big believer in having a good balance between science and nature.
- Use essential oils for various circumstances, for example, Lavender will help you relax and may assist you in getting to sleep faster. Peppermint is good for helping to settle your tummy and releasing some tension from a headache. Orange oil is great for energizing your mood and lifting your spirits. And, don't forget the amazing healing benefits from TeaTree and Eucalyptus. I keep a diffuser handy at home for my oils and we keep a diffuser going at all times at our Spa's as well.
- Take the time every day to get moving. Exercise, go for a walk, maybe some yoga or stretching? You may even try to incorporate a sport into your routine now and then. Movement and exercise are a vital part of your heart health and your overall well being.
- Another important way to stay healthy is to get proper sleep. There are so many people lacking in this department for various reasons. From hormones to stress and everything in between. Needless to say, you have to find a way to make this a priority to stay well and to recover faster. I have a night time regime that includes melatonin and lavender to ensure my rest is as uninterrupted as possible.
The point is, be wise in determining what your body needs to be well and to stay well. Our requirements vary depending on our age and overall health. Take yourself back to the basics, wash your hands regularly and if you're sick, stay home until you are fully recovered.
My last piece of advice, for now, is to remain calm and know that you can take control of your health and if you get sick, you will get better if you give yourself the much needed time to heal.
My affirmation for you this week is;
"I will be wise in making good decisions for my overall health and wellbeing to continue my path for my best and most beautifulife"