We are living in a time of information overload. We are learning things from so many sources now more than ever, but how reliable are they? How do you learn your truths? Is it from the news, online searches, or social media? Is it from your friends, your family, or a mentor? Regardless of who you are listening to or learning from, you need to understand how to filter through all of it to eventually get to your truth.
Nothing is one size fits all. Very few things can be relatable to everyone. Everything needs to be digested, researched, and ultimately understood and accepted. We all believe differently in so many aspects of our lives. From our spiritual beliefs to how we approach our health and everything in between. Our families are raised differently and our routines all vary, but one thing remains the same for everyone and that is, we want to live our best and most beautifulife.
So, that being said, what is the best way to take all of this information that we get on a daily basis and turn it into a truth that can lead you to your best life? Below are my suggestions.
- Know that when someone says, “I think” before a sentence that it is not something that you should automatically take with you as truth, but instead, look into as an opinion.
- If you are relying on the media for your information make sure that you have fact-checked it with various sources to ensure there is not an underlying motive or message.
- Try not to put too much weight or value on things you hear, see or read on social media as this tends to be a place for many to create a platform without merit or credibility.
- Trust your heart, your mind, and your instinct before jumping in full force with any belief, any concept, or any conclusion.
- Refrain from sharing news or information with others until you feel confident that your information is real, true, and helpful.
We need to make it a point to use our ultimate judgment when it comes to our truths. Let's try hard to look deeper into what is real, what is lasting, and what will keep us moving forward.
My affirmation for you this week is;
“I am taking all the information I receive at face value until I research and know that this will be my truth”