My goal has always been to inspire people to be better, find more balance and to live a happy, beautifulife. This week it is all about self care. What does that mean? We are always talking about the importance of taking care of ourselves but how many of you really do? How many of you even know how to take the time to care for yourself? Some of you may feel that there is not enough time in the day to focus on yourself after taking care of your daily tasks and everyone else around you.
I have come up with some ideas that just might be simple enough to fit into your daily routine, so that you can start to reap the benefits of self care and really see the difference it can make in your life. When you take just a little bit of time each day to focus on yourself, you will stay strong, healthy and happy enough to continue doing all the things you love to do.
Here are a few of my suggestions for self care in the important aspects of life;
- Emotional - Take a few moments to look in the mirror and release all negativity as well unhealthy thoughts. Now refresh your spirit with some positive words like, “I am awesome, I feel great and will make this an amazing day!”
- Spiritual - Find a time to pray. Whether it be first thing in the morning, on the way to work or even mid-day, say a prayer for yourself or someone else. This could be a prayer of thanks, a blessing for someone or even a request for a prayer to be answered.
- Physical - Enjoying a nice walk, some stretches and maybe even a new workout plan could be a great start. Even simple things like making sure you have fruits and vegetables with your meals and are drinking plenty of water all day will make a difference. Also, be sure to keep up with your regular health checks so you know what you may need to pay more attention to.
- Environmental - Do one thing everyday that makes your home or work space better. This could be as simple as organizing a cabinet, cleaning out your closet and getting rid of clutter. Add some essential oils to a diffuser and maybe even stop for some fresh flowers to enhance your surroundings.
- Social - Give someone a hug. Call, email or text someone that inspires you and have a quick chat with them. Make it a point to stay away from toxic people. Choose to spend your time with those that want the best for you, want you to succeed in life and to be happy.
Remember that taking care of yourself is not something that you check off your to do list for the month. Self care should become little habits of things that you do regularly without even making them a big deal, after all, you are the most important part of your beautifulife.
My affirmation for you this week is;
“I will make taking care of myself a natural habit, not a job that I add to my to do list”