How many of you are paying attention to what your body is telling you day to day? I know, some of you are saying to yourself, "if I worried about every little ache or pain there wouldn't be enough time in the day, or I would seem like a chronic complainer."
As we age, we will definitely find that more things creep into our lives concerning ailments and such, but there are ways to ward off what might become a bigger problem later by listening to what your body is telling you now.
Have you been pushing through headaches or extreme fatigue? Are you finding yourself stiff more often after sitting for a while? Is there a sharp pain somewhere that won't seem to go away, even if you are getting enough rest, eating well and exercising? If you answered yes to any of these things, your body might be letting you know that something is just not right and you need to pay attention.
I suggest that you take a closer look at what you might be missing regarding an over health check. Are you drinking enough water daily? This amount varies depending on your height, weight and how active you are, so drink when you are thirsty but if in doubt try to get at least 8 glasses a day. Dehydration can cause many issues, but the first sign is usually a constant headache. If your getting enough sleep but still feel fatigued and sluggish, then there may be an underlying health issue.
As we age, it is always best to get annual physicals, and I highly recommend seeing a nutritionist as well to have a good balance between science and nature. I am also a big believer in getting your hormones checked because if they are out of balance, it can lead to a variety of health issues.
Aches, pains, and stiffness can usually be altered by specific stretching, exercising, yoga moves, and walking. I also like to add free weights into my routine to build strength so that your body continues to stay strong and burns excess fat. Just remember, that if those aches and pains don't go away, then see a doctor who specializes in that area of your body.
Remember to embrace health for your body as well as your mind. Here are my top suggestions to keep you moving in the right direction to having your most balanced and beautifulife!
- Make good choices in the foods you eat, make a list of the foods you need before you run to the grocery store to avoid purchasing things that don’t fit your goals. Keep fresh fruits, vegetables, and nuts on hand for snacking instead of unhealthy options.
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated all day long and add a lemon for flavor and the additional benefits of extra vitamin C.
- Find out what your body is lacking regarding nutrition from foods and supplement with a personalized daily vitamin program.
- Get regular physicals to find out what you can work on to keep on track with your health and to tackle things before they become harder to manage and control.
- Exercise daily by walking, biking, hiking, stretching, yoga or free weights. Or, you can try mixing all of these into your life at various times to keep things exciting, the point is, keep moving and keep building strength.
- Focus on affirmations every day that will keep you inspired to live your best life! Affirmations are so crucial because if you wait for others to tell you that you can do it and that everything is attainable, you will wait forever! Tell yourself how awesome you are, how strong you are, how well you are, then believe it and watch it happen!
Most importantly, choose to be happy with every other decision you make. Be happy where you live, be happy with what you do, be happy with who you spend your time with. If you are doing something just because you think you can’t change your present situation, think again because the choice is yours.